Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Diary of a Giant Squid by All Class Members


January 13
Today I was chasing a fish, but the fish hid behind a boat that had a steal cable around it. I bit it – luckily, I can bite through steal.

January 25
Today Dad tried to take a ship down by wrapping his tentacles around it, but he had to let it go because the water was getting warm and he didn’t want to get stuck on the surface.


February 7
Today a whale tried to eat me, but I got my squid homies and had a meal.

February 26
Today the whale’s homies came looking for me. Good thing I saw them with my
big eyes so I could get away.

March 14
Today me and my friends were racing. I won because I can shoot water out of my body.

March 30
Today I almost died!! The water got too warm and I started to rise to the surface. I hurried and swam down farther.

April 4
Today I was swimming in the dark, cold ocean when a sperm whale tried to eat me. I got away, but it was scary.

April 12
Today I saw another giant squid. He was about 57 feet long. He broke the record of biggest squid. He told us stories about how he has seen a 100 foot squid. I thought that was cool.


May 9
I’m glad I have big eyes because I was a whale coming to try to eat me today.

May 21
Today my mom was trying to get food, but she felt that the water was getting too warm so she stopped and came back. If she didn’t, she would go to the surface and suffocate.

June 10
Today I got hit in the head by a pirate ship so I sunk it and ate their captain – tastes like sparrow.

July 14
Good things about being a giant squid:
1. I have really hung eyes that are 18 inches wide. Cool, huh?
2. My mouth is so strong it can bite through steal.
3. I breathe through my gills.
4. I eat whales when I catch them.
5. I can move fast through the water by shooting water out of my body.

August 3
Bad things about being a giant squid:
1. Getting eaten by giant sperm whales.
2. I can’t go on the top of the ocean or else I might die.
3. If I catch food I have to bite it into really, really small pieces so it can go through my brain.


August 21
Being a giant squid is kind of hard because we live in the bottom of the cold ocean and never see sunshine, but we live for a long time, we grow very big, and we move rapidly in the water.

September 13
Today I was so bored I wanted to go to the surface and she what it was like, but Mike told me I would die if I went up there.

October 7
Today I was saw a very cute squid. She had loooooong tentacles (legs). She was hot!!

December 14
Today I got a Christmas Invitation for a party:

Come Join Us for the
Neighbor X-Mas Feast!!

Day: Dec. 24th
Time: 6 pm
Where: The Bottom of the Ocean


Please bring one of the following…

•Fish
•Whales
•Squid

1 comment:

Senorita Jorge said...

I have such a brillant class!!
~ Ms. George