Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Hometown By Carolina


My hometown is in Sonora, Mexico. It is so pretty over there. It's a small town where I was born. I saw the hospital where I was born. I went to Aribabi it is the smallest town ever. There is only 2 rows of houses. If you want to go to the store it takes 15 min just to get there because it is far. Also there is a mountain called la montana del diablo (The Mountain of the Devil). They call it that because there is lots of curves and if you stop and look down from the mountain you can't see the ground. It is so dark you can't see anything that is down there. When your driving you can see tomb stones because people have died there. Also you see eagles flying above you. It is really beautiful looking at everything but once in awhile you start getting home sick. You start missing your friends, your home, your room, and your boyfriend. Oh and while you are over there the time passes really fast.

4 comments:

Senorita Jorge said...

Good description of the mountain. Remember next time to have one main idea. The main idea of your paragraph was the mountain so next time have your title reflect it.
~ Ms. George

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about Mexico. My husband and I went there for our honeymoon but we didn't see as much as we wanted to. I loved reading about Sonora, you make it sound like such a beautiful place. I hope I get to go visit it someday. Great writing, you gave me a good image in my head...I didn't even need a picture.

Mrs. Heath

Anonymous said...

Devil's Mountain seems like a very interesting place to visit. It would be fascinating to look down and see darkness!

Ms. Reynolds

Anonymous said...

I really liked your story caro it made me want to go even more to sonora.

***Diana***