Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Vacation by Randi

Once there was a man who worked about twelve hours a day. He hadn't taken a day off in 3 years. One day his boss came up to him and said, "Here's a one way ticket to the Caribbeans. Go for a week, Have fun and relax." So he went home to pack. The next day he went to the airport. As he was checking in for his flight, the lady at the desk said, "If I were you I wouldn't go on that flight." "Why," he asked. The lady responded and said,"It is hurricane season." He thought to himself, "What if something bad happens when I'm gone, but what the heck nothing bad ever happens too me and besides I haven't had a break in 3 years!" So he got on the plane and about 6 hours later he was in his hotel.

The next day he went down to the beach and played football with some of his new friends that he met at his hotel the night before. After a game of football they went too a bar and had some food. After that they went home and just played cards and poker. The next day they went to the beach again and they were playing football again. Then they heard some one call out hurricane! So they all started running and screaming and trying to find their families. The wind was blowing in ever direction. Houses were torn down and trees were knocked over. After the hurricane was over the man said,"Now I know why I don't take time off work!" Then he started thinking and he decided to stay and help them out. About 4 weeks went by and he decided it was time for him too leave. So he got on a small plane and went back. The next day he told his boss all about it and his boss said, "I only gave you ONE week off and you took 4. You're fired!"

1 comment:

Senorita Jorge said...

Randi,
I loved this story. Great funny ending!!

~ Ms. George